Thursday, September 11

Presentation: done. Work: still going. Just tomorrow left... Big suitcase: takkyubin'd.

As if to give me the finger for walking out on it after our six-month relationship, Japan slapped me with a $70 phone bill for the past three months. For a phone I don't even use. Grr...

As I was walking home from work this group of kids sitting around saw me started murmuring in hushed tones: "Amerika-jin! Amerika-jin!" (An American! An American!), as if I were the Loch Ness Monster or something. So, as I walked by I couldn't help myself: "Ee, amerika-jin desu yo." (Yeah, I am an American! [Punk!]). They were in awe. Ahh... I'm going to miss that dual citizenship--being both a god and a demon foreigner. Ah well.

Things I?fm Not Going To Miss:

  • Kyoto City (the Japanese pronounce it shitty) Bus. Even the Marguerite is better than this.
  • Irasshaimase! (Welcome!). Try screaming it in a really loud obnoxious high-pitched voice and multiply it by the number of people who work in a typical store and you?fll see why.
  • Tenacious old Japanese ladies. Woe be to the unsuspecting lad, twice their size though he may be, who?fs standing in their way.
  • Whiny little Japanese gyaru. There is such a thing as too cute.
  • Humidity. It?fs be nice to go all day without being covered in sweat.

No comments: