Sunday, March 14

a preview of grad student life?

Friday night: coding. No sleep. No Jammix.
This morning: Wal-Mart run.
This afternoon: coding.
Tonight: Special Dinner in "the Rains Resort". As housing goes, it'd be a sweet place to live for the summer. They have a living room that's bigger than our two-room double, plus four bedrooms. But for some reason I'm excited about the kitchen. Not that I'll have time to cook much next year, but I'll be able to... and be freed from the shackles of a meal plan.

What can you do with your own kitchen and apartment? Grill burgers, for one. And deep fry anything. We had fried wings and fried shrimp. If you're frying it doesn't really matter what you're cooking, whether it's tempura carrots or old shoelaces. Or...Twinkies. Yes, I sampled the deep-fried Twinkies that have become a section leader tradition. Then I had two heart attacks. Or, as Mike put it, "it's like giving your heart an oil change".

I never came to appreciate just how convoluted and evil AIM is until now. Getting locked out of AIM at 4 AM is plenty fun. Having looked through the protocol, it's amazing AIM even works at all...

No comments: