Wednesday, March 24

weekend update

Saturday night we took the Japanese students to Safeway. Not the crappy Secret Safeway, mind you, the mammoth one on El Camino. I've never seen two people more thrilled to be in a supermarket... one was rampaging through the aisles in search of potato chips...

Sunday night we spent bidding Rose farewell for Berlin. I maintain that, contrary to what she says, I knew exactly where I was and where I was going at all times. I just didn't know where the Mausoleum is, is all...

Monday night other Rose and I had a laundry party. Apparently, certain of our housemates decided they were the only ones who needed to do laundry and that, despite having to leave the next morning at 8, could wait to leave her clothes in washers and dryers for hours, preventing anyone else from getting any done. Suddenly I understood how we could have "laundry rage" added to dorm vernacular. Fortunately our patience--and our supply of Simpsons and Family Guy lasted us till 2, when we finally finished.

No comments: