Tuesday, May 17

things that are sweet

to the tune of: The Tower by Vienna Teng

Chocolate strawberry mousse cake!Exhibit A: A most excellent strawberry chocolate mousse cake prepared by Kathy and Helen for my birthday. With homemade whipped cream and everything. Oh so good. And without any baking (but with much licking of spatulas and mixers).

Exhibit B: Dave's mom made us spaghetti on Mother's Day. We insisted that we should be the ones cooking for her, but she insisted even more, and well, there's no arguing with a determined Southern mother on Mother's Day.

Mmm...cream pie...Exhibit C: A whipped cream pie. It's pretty sweet. Just makes you want to stick your whole face in it. Or have it all come flying at your face, as it were. So I spent a week trying to cajole lecturers and TAs to take a pie in the face at the CS Spring Party. And one of them insisted that I do it too. So why not? Who could possibly want to pie their dear Course Advisor?

Well, a lot of people, apparently. I tied with one of the lecturers for cs106a in money raised. All together though, we raised $157 for Camp Amelia, so I'd say it was worth it. Fun fact: whipped cream left in your hair or on your clothes starts to smell.

Exhibit D: Big Dance! Kevin and I won the helium balloon cross-step waltz race, proving that you don't need a woman to waltz. I scored a free ticket to Friday Night Waltz and a "female" hair appointment (since I was following). So any ladies need a haircut or whatever else they do for you with $25 of your money?

And...we saw Vienna Teng perform! The crappy acoustics of Roble didn't do her justice, so people kept dancing back and forth in front of her piano to hear her sing.

People still give me weird looks when I tell them about dancing all night, but I wasn't alone: 211 others made it through all nine hours.


Where's Waldo?

And afterward, more sweet crepes at Laura's apartment...followed by the sweetest thing of all: a few hours' sleep.

No comments: