Sunday, October 5

Wow, people still read this... maybe I should post...

So here I am sitting at the Tressider Lair on the slowest night I've ever seen. No complaints from me. Since I was a dolt and left all my homework behind at the dorm, I figured it's worth an update.

Being back in the US is great. I can blow my nose whenever I want, walk down the street eating a candy bar and not feel like I'm committing a sin, walk down the sidewalk without getting run over by bikers (well, maybe not)...

I settled on only 11 units of real classwork. But probably 3 or maybe even 4 of them are CS221. (Units are the greatest lie ever in the engineering department.) But don't worry, I'm taking 4 units of dance to get back up to the respectable 15. On the side I'm working as a CS106 course helper, tutoring E40, and oh yes, making preparations for The Future. This means I have a GRE in two weeks I need to cram for, and career fairs to traipse through for a Plan B.

Senior year sucks. So somehow it's fitting that every Thursday there's Senior Don't-Call-It-Pub Night.

But in other news, I finally caved and got a cell phone. It's a basic crappy phone (and the subject of a big usability rant in my first CS147 project), with, alas, no camera. But what can I say, I'm still sitting here in the Lair, waving my phone around like I'm sweeping for a bomb trying to get enough signal to collect IMs I received. And, I must confess: I was texting while biking. I claim to have a good excuse though.

No comments: