Sunday, November 2

Thank you for the interview

Thank you so much for taking the time to interview with me yesterday. I enjoyed the opportunity to meet you and your colleagues, as well as visit your worksite. I was impressed with the quality of the facilities and the overall attitude of the employees.

After speaking with you, I am even more enthusiastic about the opportunity of working as a code monkey. Though I have enjoyed my previous experience as a student researcher, the workload of current projects and the non-stop, high-stress philosophy of the design teams you described offer an exciting new dimension in software engineering for me. I work well in a fast-paced, dark windowless environment, and appreciate the opportunity not only to code but devote my entire day to it from dawn to well after dusk. My experience in CS 221 and 248 exposed me to this "work-life balance", and I feel confident that I can apply that experience to the demands of this position.

Thank you for considering me for the code monkey position. I look forward to hearing from you. Please express my appreciation to your colleagues for leaving their screens to meet with me and share their perspectives. In the meantime, good luck with your weekend coding marathon!

No comments: