Friday, January 2

patience

Having been asked several times already, I suppose I could clarify. I myself didn't know what roadmapping was last year. It's the practice of drawing on a passed-out victim with a magic marker. While it may sound cruel, we justified it as punishment for passing out on the couch with his shoes on. My only regret is that I didn't see him wake up and find his new I LOVE RED MEAT and BUSH IN 2004 tattoos...

To echo someone's private sentiments, the presence of a new baby in my (extended) family did net a chorus of relatives inquiring about when they could expect a baby from me, with almost an eerie hunger in their eyes. How exactly I come into this when a pair of newlyweds just had their first baby a month ago I'll never know. Similarly, my New Year's Eve started with my parents lamenting my lack of progress in securing a mate. This is what I get for staying at home and having dinner with them while my brother, now surgically tethered to his girlfriend, was at her house.

That's all for now... I'm going to go take Grandpa out to lunch. Visions of bi bim bab now being replaced by a chicken sandwich, but he'll be excited. And that's all that really matters.

No comments: