Sunday, January 18

Such a week

For the pre-midterm stretch of the quarter, it still seems like a whirlwind of stuff is going on. Thursday was A-Day. I finally turned in my coterm application, to the tune of the dramatic fanfare in my mind. Were it a movie, there'd be a long slow-motion shot of me boldly walking down the Gates hall with my envelope and handing it off with a much louder-than-necessary thud. (Particularly since I handed it to the lady who'd be ultimately responsible for making sure my application gets read fairly gently.) Now to wait... until March. Such an excruciatingly long time to find out what I'm going to be doing for the next year. And it doesn't help to tell people in job interviews I may or may not still want their job after three months...

Friday Yune and I went to go see the winter one acts, which I halfway recommend at least. A lot of interesting experimental work, and no straight-up traditional storytelling. Lots of fun though; it's amazing what students can pull off without any teachers or professors to get in the way. Granted, at times it didn't come out just right, but it was still pretty cool and I still recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen them.

Side note: her couch is quite seductive. Be warned... if you sit, you won't want to get up.

Saturday Cheng moved out of FroSoCo, just two quarters shy of being an honorary four-year fixture. We're all sad to see him go, mostly because we're lazy about venturing all the way onto the Row to visit him. He had the audacity to complain to me about his new room, a staff single that's even larger than his current single. Granted, he has to drop down to one desk, but the fact that he can also fit a couch and his bed gives him no grounds for complaints.

And today will be C-Day, for Cupcakes. Yes, today is the day of The Cupcake Bet, when we find out whether there really could be such a thing as too much chocolate...

No comments: