Friday, July 16

and it seems like just freshman year he was, well, just a freshman...

to the tune of: Mr. Pinstripe Suit by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

It's a weird shock reading about a former FroSoCo resident and Stanford student turning himself in on murder charges.

My favorite quote from this:
    "There was concern he was going to be heading out your way, because he went to Stanford, had an apartment, his own personal vehicle was out there," Turner said. "Toledo is along I-80, which is the most logical route one would take from the Cleveland area to the West Coast. He didn't get as far as we thought, but he was headed in that direction."

So there you have it. The only reason a fugitive would go to Toledo is to pass through on the way to his alma mater, wo thousand miles away in a stolen car, so he could get his own car. That's some fine police work there. (Thanks to Jason, Nick, and Google News for the links...)

It was inevitable the day I moved in with Dave, perhaps. But today I went to a hustle club for the first time. It was so much fun. Except I discovered that I really didn't know how to hustle nearly half as well as I thought I did. Which was pretty scary. I think the reason it doesn't bother experienced follows like Kelsey is that follows learn a lot from dancing with advanced leads. People like them have no problem dancing something they've never done before because each lead they dance with teaches them a few variations. But if you're leading, you have to come up with all these variations. And very few follows actually teach you anything. Most of them just get this bored look on their faces from seeing your repertoire exhausted so quickly. Which is why I spent much of my evening with more patient partners experimenting and making stuff up. Which is still fun...

No comments: