Tuesday, July 20

just think about going forward...

to the tune of: The Right Kind of Wrong by Leann Rimes

I am so mobile.

This morning, I went to pick up my bike from the Bike Shop. No matter how many times that bike tries to kill me, picking it up repaired is like putting on a new razor blade: so smooth, but you still know it'll make you bleed if you're not careful.

The world seems so much brighter when your tires are fully inflated. Still don't have all 21 gears working again, but it's better than one. And... they fixed my bike seat while they were at it. So while it may still make me numb, at least it won't flip up and hit me in the 'nads while I'm crossing Campus.

The only thing smoother than a working bike is a working Segway. Yes, I finally got to ride the elusive Robotics Lab Segway today. It was soo cool. But not at all as intuitive as Dean Kamen claimed: it does take more than just "thinking" about moving. And this thing turns quickly. But whizzing down the street at a blazing 12 mph is fun, I must say. Perhaps not $5,000 worth of fun, but still fun.

I think I'm going to have to start using a pseudonym at places like Jamba Juice. Hilarity ensues when multiple Mikes arrive at the same time. Though next time I'm with a group of guys we'll have to try taking that to its ludicrous conclusion.

No comments: