Thursday, August 28

Ahh... once again I'm waiting for results so I can justify blogging. I suppose a description of my typical day at home in the lonely land of almost-Nara is in order, given that I'm leaving in two weeks.
7:45. Alarm goes off.
8:15. I actually get up.
~8:56. I go for a brisk morning jog to the bus. Sometimes, for even more exercise, I jog all the way to the next bus stop. I love jogging.
9:15. I get to work. Whether I ran to the bus or not, I'm covered in sweat by now. I love humidity.
12:00. Lunch. Usually in the dull cafeteria here, but occasionally fine dining with Mike down the street or my boss in Nara.
5:45 PM. My work day officially ends so I walk over to say good night to my boss. But he starts a conversation I can't get out of, until...
5:55. I miss the bus back. When I'm done chatting with the boss I come back and surf until the next bus.
~6:20. I get home, survey the fridge, and if I'm feeling particularly adventurous pick a recipe. (But with my discovery of frozen dinners I can usually avoid this.)
7:00. Having finally finished deciphering the kanji in my recipe I trek down to the supa to go wander around until I find everything, or a sympathetic-looking clerk who can show me where stuff is. (They'll never just tell me the way they will at Kroger. I know I'm just a gaijin, but really, I can handle things like, Aisle 5 on the right.) I love shopping in kanji...
8:00. The soothing chords of Auld Lang Syne (better known here as the Just Go Home Already song) start wafting through the store as it closes. By now I'm hopefully at home, starting to cook.
~8:30. Dinner, candlelight, and Naruto. Except without the candelight. (Or the Boyz II Men, eh Karen?)
~12:30. I fall asleep after some Simpsons.

No comments: