Thursday, August 21

Today's revelation: Burnt rice smells (and looks) a lot worse than it tastes, really.

Last night I went (electronics) shopping in Nara. My boss, it turned out, was also headed across the border, and claimed there was a Joshin (big electronics store) in the mal he was going to. Score--free car ride! I never realized just how much I miss riding in cars (not to mention driving...). We get there and it turns out the store in the mall is... a Jusco (grocery store). D'oh! At least he got some fish. We also checked a couple bookstores for this book of video game art (yes, such things do exist) Stephanie's looking for. No dice. But... we made it to a real Joshin with five minutes to spare and I scored a sweet tripod for $13...

When I got home I found among my junk mail two ads: one for a pizza place, and another for a call-girl service. I don't know what kinds of evenings they figure people in my apartment complex have... and I don't think I want to know...

No comments: