Monday, August 18

Today I kinda slept in, with my patented Falling Asleep After The Alarm technique. So after the second snooze at 8:15, I sat up in bed but didn't get up, and so I somehow managed to fall asleep sitting up. Next thing I know it's 8:40, and the bus leaves at 8:56. There's nothing quite like the impending fear of being late to get you going in the morning. Granted, 16 minutes is plenty of time to shower. Which makes me wonder why I don't get up at 8:40 every day...

After work today I went bowling with some coworkers. I've never seen a bowling alley so deserted (of course, it was Tuesday night in Nara). I got these nice stylish purple-and-fuschia bowling shoes (perfect example of the word hade). My average was...well, let's not go into that. But the lanes are so high-tech: cameras show the ball knocking down pins close up, a sensor measures the speed of the ball, and at the end you get a detailed printout of every pin you left standing. Not really something I need a reminder of, but still cool.

No comments: