Thursday, September 9

if you seek a pleasant peninsula...

...look about you. --State Motto
Yes, I'm back in Michigan for the week.

More sunrise!When I checked in for my 8:20 AM Wednesday flight, I knew somehow I wouldn't be sleeping Tuesday night. Tuesday night none of us really felt like dancing in the 80-degree heat. So after the lesson, we trekked back to the Zone for pizza, ice cream and...more Buffy. Naturally the night ended up with Brad, Kat, Laura and me staying up till the sunrise (again).

I was thinking I would sleep on the plane. But the demon kids in front of me thought differently. These twins were cute little 5-year-old girls. But they were evil. When seatbelts prevented them from conspiring (loudly) between rows (thankfully they weren't sitting together), the one in front got her jollies by slamming herself against the back of the chair in front of me, which she proceeded to do off and on for the entire flight. Somehow I managed to fall asleep anyway, and awoke to find she had knocked apple juice onto my brand new messenger bag. Ah well. It was inevitable I suppose. Just as we were landing and we all had hope of getting off the plane, they detained us on the runway, as is the custom in Detroit, while this girl started doing situps into the back of her chair. After ten, she grinned at her mom, proudly declaring she had just counted to ten. Her mom looked down and said, "Good job. Why don't you count to a hundred?"

No comments: