Saturday, October 30

the bewitching is upon us

to the tune of: Show Me The River by EastMountainSouth

Click for www.electoral-vote.com Yes, this counter keeps flip-flopping more than either candidate (Kerry was winning on Thursday, Bush on Wednesday). But if you're one of those compulsive types that wants to predict the unpredictable, this is great. Note that tis doesn't take into account new voter registration, absentee ballots, or the ensuing court challenges and recounts.) Perhaps most disturbing is the claim that Michigan now favors Bush by 2%. I really wish I could vote absentee there... My grandpa says he's voting for Bush because--I kid you not--"you don't wanna change horses in midstream". Now he never saw Wag the Dog, and I'm betting he wasn't around for the Lincoln campaign (which actually coined the slogan). The scary thing is those are his words.

Boiling pantsMost random thing cooked in the Zone kitchen to date: jeans. Sunday we boiled Kathy's jeans. Why, you ask? To get them to shrink (of course). Which was only semi-successful. But helped inaugurate our new giant and non-flaky pots.

Fall colorsTo those who claim the leaves never change color in California: check out these pics. I think I missed peak time by a few days or so. But I bet the leaves are already gone in Michigan. Oh, and by the way, it's still in the 60s and sunny while it looks like this (ok, well today at least).

EclipseWhat did I do Wednesday night? Nope, didn't watch the World Series. Didn't go to Mono on the Quad. No, I stayed in to work on a problem set... but I did catch the end of the eclipse, which I assure you was cooler in person.

My Stanford career is now complete: I saw Zimbardo talk about his Stanford Prison Experiment. Oh, and Abu Ghraib, and the politics of fear. But mostly about his experiment.

Today's happiness: Waltz lifts! With women who know what they're doing they look almost acrobatic. Oh, and cherry crepes. So now I'm full of sugar and have been hopping around since 9 am. Time to go to work...

No comments: