Saturday, October 9

what the deuce is that sound?

to the tune of: DNA Bourrées by Hillbillies From Mars

So after getting up at 8 am (aren't all you real-worlders proud of me?) I was heading to the shower when this bizarre loud screeching began shaking the walls, as if aliens were invading Guy's room. In the morning haze it took me a full 30 seconds to realize this was in fact the new Bjork CD.

It occurred to me that it perhaps it was fair, since we were all kinda loud last night while Guy's door was closed, so maybe we were keeping him up. But once the logical part of my brain started working again I realized that wasn't like Guy at all. Of course, I was in the shower so there wasn't much I could do about it. But as I got out I realized: not even he could stand listening to Bjork that loud for that long.

Now fully awake, I went in to Guy's room to find it empty, and that he had left his stereo alarm set. For 8:30. Apparently with the volume cranked up all the way. Maybe he was really jammin' to Bjork at full blast while no one was home.

But that CD still seems unsettling and eerie even in the middle of the day...

No comments: