Sunday, October 24

glug glug

to the tune of: Opening Polka (5% slower) by Viennese Ball 2005

And thus ends the Week of Suck. Over the past three days I've averaged three hours of sleep a night. Yet the freaky thing is my body seems to have adapted to the sleep dep: I didn't yawn once during rehearsal this morning. And I learned Viennese redowa, a really fun way to wake up in my opinion; it made it all worth it.

How I'm supposed to do two research projects on top of this I don't know. But it seemed oddly fitting that right there waiting for me where I turned in problem set 1 (picture a 12-page paper, mostly in Greek) two days late were a stack of pset 2s.

Wal-Mart is a vicious place. The aisles were maddeningly congested as usual today with people ogling the Halloween displays they insist on putting in the narrow passageways so we thought we'd be part of the solution instead of the problem and park the cart somewhere out of the way. But someone stole our cart while we weren't looking. Which is pretty common, since all carts look alike and any cart will do. But ours had stuff in it. So someone reached in and stacked several armloads of our stuff on the floor and took our cart. Which was probably easier than fighting through the crowd to get a cart. But still...

Mmm...homemade chocolate chip milkshake... Ahh, it's nice to have a working blender.

Alumni everywhere! The campus has once again sprouted impressively elaborate tents everywhere. They've really taken over. Like they own the place or something. OK, well maybe some of them kinda did donate good chunks of it.

Hmm. I probably shouldn't be blogging right now, should I? Maybe I should be sleeping.

No comments: