Saturday, October 2

oh for old time's sake

to the tune of: Running Away by Hoobastank

Last time I posted this was over a year ago. But if a ten-question Web quiz is an accurate judge of personality, I haven't changed a bit...

Which Naruto Character are You?
quiz by orangeday.net


And if you thought dating was bad at Stanford, check out what it's driven women to in Japan: the new Boyfriend's Arm Pillow. I'm not sure what the most disturbing part of this story is:
  • That it comes with a shirt-shaped pillow cover
  • That there are other versions, more muscular or skinnier, to simulate the ideal boyfriend's arm
  • That the company is considering a version for men, to be shaped like a woman's lap, complete with a "skirt" cover

Friday Night Waltz was soo much fun; it'd been a long time since I'd waltzed. And I followed rotary and lindy with varying degrees of success. I'm going to have to absorb following through osmosis it seems, since enough leads wussed out of Social Dance 2 that I've been flip-flopping lead and follow from day to day. But by far the coolest dance: Richard Powers' Harry Potter Waltz.

Incidentally I had a weird dream last night that a good friend showed up at the end of FNW for the first time in months, much to everyone's surprise. Everyone was thrilled to see her. And it surprised me for some reason that everyone else was surprised. But...that's all I remember. It was the kind of fleeting dream that made me question my recollection of events in the haze of the next morning, as if the dream were so realistic it might have been a memory. Freaky...

Today's discovery: Cheddar pasta shells with hazelnut. Not intentionally mind you. But as the shells were cooling in the sink I had a genuine got milk? moment, and hazelnut creamer was the closest thing we had. All I can say is, don't knock it till you've tried it. It was a little sweet, but surprisingly good.

No comments: