Monday, April 12

mmixed it up

to the tune of: Nara by E.S. Posthumus

Ahh, Jammix. Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling well when the birthday dance came around and missed out on that, which is sad cause it was cross-step and hustle, two of my favorites. But at the end we practiced the music set Richard had picked for the Wacky Walk. Perhaps polkaing, swinging, and hustling for 20 straight minutes in the blazing June sun in a black robe might not be the smartest thing to do. But I'm still going to do it. Without anyone I know in the stands to see me make a fool of myself, what have I got to lose?

Yesterday I went to Karen's baptism. It's frightening how many churches there are in Palo Alto--and they're all right next to each other. And many of them are pretty segregated too. This one was a Korean church, which meant bilingual testimonials. Which was cool and all, but I kept hearing words that sounded suspiciously like Japanese and trying to find them in the English translations.

Random Easter observation: It seems like Christians spend way more time talking about how Christ died than how He lived.

Note to self: Bring flowers to any future baptisms.

No comments: