Friday, April 9

to the tune of: Fly Me To The Moon by Frank Sinatra

Recent happenings:
  • Getting a sweet CS 106A section where people actually participate. It's amazing how much a difference it makes not to be right after lunch. Curiously, not a single person majoring in or considering CS. Our department is in a contraction phase right now, and since the Daily said it, it must be true.
  • Actually getting up early enough to go sit outside a prof's office and have him show up 15 minutes late for a 9 AM meeting.
  • Agreeing to learn all of CS 229 in three weeks.
  • Reverse redowa! It actually worked for the first time today!
  • Freaky "gypsy variation" in cross-step waltz. Yup, we're so damn advanced, we can not only waltz with one hand tied behind our backs, but no hands at all...
  • Dunking newly 21-year-old Jim in the shower. He made the mistake of admitting he wanted to be doused with water, so being the great friends we are, we obliged.
  • Balloon fencing with Kathy. Lesson: balloons are not the most sturdy swords. And weird wrestling/martial arts/samba fights with Robin.
  • Deciding computer whisperer was probably not the best qualification to list on my RCC application.
    On a sadder note, I fear something that was very special to me may be lost. I still don't understand how or why. But it saddens me because of all the memories we shared. I only hope I find it again, my pair of dance shoes...
  • No comments: