Saturday, April 24

this job offer will self-destruct in 5...

to the tune of: Nancy's Waltz by Natalie MacMaster

It's like The Man of Stanford is plotting against me.

  • Tuesday I got a friendly e-mail from the registrar informing me I was being switched to grad tuition, and that "it might be a good idea to check" how I'd pay the extra $2K they slapped on my bill. The Registrar's office was befuddled, and no one could explain why this happened.
  • Wednesday at 1 PM I was awarded an RCC job in Rains. Which is exactly what I wanted. Problem is that at 6 PM the offer was withdrawn because I wasn't at my computer to accept it. Before I realized what had happened, they had offered the position to someone else. The irony here is that the ResComp people I called and e-mailed took nearly 10 hours to get back to me. But they don't really care; as far as they're concerned, they have someone to fill that job, and it doesn't matter whom.
  • Friday I went to go start the grad housing draw process, made necessary by not having a staff position. I had just filled out this massive form, including eight housing preferences and a handful of probing questions about what sort of roommate I wanted that took a good 20 minutes to deliberate over (and a draw group name/password that took another 20 minutes) only to have the housing site go down on me and lose everything I had entered. Sigh...

    But I don't care, 'cause I feel grr-EEEAT!

    Me turning 22...Pics from my surprise birthday party.
  • No comments: