Friday, April 16

yet another reason not to upgrade your AIM

to the tune of: Deora Ar Mo Chroi by Enya

So I'm minding my own business and suddenly I get this popup inviting me to download this Viewpoint Toolbar. Which is funny, since I never installed any Viewpoint software. A little bit of research revealed AIM decided to install this without my consent. It turns out to be some form of spyware which thinks it's entitled to be on my computer but provides me no real benefit. Curious, since it wants to direct me to use Yahoo!'s search engine. Though I don't know what sinister purpose this serves yet, I generally dislike things randomly popping up and asking me to download things I don't need. Of course, I probably wouldn't have noticed it had it not conveniently announced its presence, but still. You can theoretically remove it through Add/Remove Programs. Stupid AIM.

On a less rantful note, the future of nicological technology is here. Are you sick of being told when and where you can light up? Well now, there's a solution...

No comments: