Thursday, May 27

and I thought _I_ watched too much Simpsons...

to the tune of: I'm A Survivor by Reba McEntire

...someone's compiled a complete map of Springfield, right down to the location of the "Ayn Rand School for Tots", "Stoner's Pot Palace", and the "Veterans of Popular Wars". Someone with waay too much time on their hands, clearly. But haven't you always wanted to know where the Springfield Republican Party met?

The Rains Work-Free Zone is all but officially established for the summer and next year. The Rains staff I talked to about roommate assignments was evasive, possibly because I caught her fleeing from the official office hours to a "meeting". But in theory the Final Four should be in the same apartment. But as anyone who's tried to deal with Housing lately knows, they ain't exactly organized...

Do not, no matter how much I say I want to, let me organize T-shirts for 250 people again. Not that there's much chance I would ever do this again, but just in case I get so deluded again, remind me of this solemn oath: I swear never to do this again. I don't know whether it's the people who just can't follow directions, don't read their e-mail (yes, even CS people), or the ones who think I just have my own personal suite with a T-shirt room, open 24 hours a day, or the ones who think I have nothing better to do. But at least we can have as much departmental dignity as the ChemEs with our very own T-shirt to show for it...

No comments: