Saturday, May 15

rockin around the clock

to the tune of: I Won't Dance by Frank Sinatra

Ahh, such a week. A busy week, but a rewarding week.

I got the CS Undergrad Course Advisor position! So now I have a way to pay for tuition and housing next year, which is always nice. I guess Stanford will hire me even when no one else will. Which will work out just fine for now, but might be troubling later on.

Wednesday was Grandpa's birthday. Dad told me this at some point and I diligently entered it in my calendar, so even though it was a surprise to me, Outlook remembered effortlessly. So I called to wish him a happy birthday, only to discover Mom thought it was Tuesday. Turns out they managed to convince him his birthday was then too--they made him a nice dinner and celebrated. So when his own brother called on Wednesday they got into an argument over when his birthday actually was. I'll never forget when my birthday is--the same day as, uh, the 1906 SF earthquake?

Big Dance 2004But of course, the highlight of the week was Big Dance. I did it--nine straight hours. This included:
  • Discovering that, yes, a face mask does somewhat obscure your field of vision.
  • A couple of wonderful waltzes. And redowa!
  • A hyper-speed polka contest I still maintain we would have won were it not for a little wardrobe malfunction.
  • Contra and line dancing at 2 AM: no one knows what's going on, but no one really cares...
  • The "lullaby suite" at 4 AM: Richard's evil attempt to put us to sleep
  • The chicken dance: Fun as a kid but dangerous in a room with 200 adults
  • Speed polkaing all the way through the Hampster Dance remix with Kelsey--without falling back on a promenade.

    Photos of Big Dance

    My feet were left sore but content.
  • No comments: