Saturday, May 8

Vem Magalenha rojão...

to the tune of: Naruto's Daily Life by Toshiro Masuda

Sadness... I spent much of Social 3 on Thursday sitting out because certain (cough, cough) women follows didn't show up for class. With three men too many I thought it better to let the ones who actually registered for the class dance.

The week has been a string of rehearsals for Spring Migration tonight in MemAud. The lights wash out everyone's faces, and I've come to accept theatrical makeup as a necessary evil of being onstage. You just outline a few facial features so that expressions show up. But we've gone one step further in deciding that I am apparently too white to be doing an Afro-Peruvian dance. So I get special treatment to "darken me up". Not just the face but also my neck and if Marco has his way, my arms too.

Of course, the First Rule of Stage Makeup is that makeup, once applied, will come off far more easily on one's costume than on a wet washcloth. And eyeliner? that vile stuff never goes away...

No comments: