Tuesday, May 25

a facebook testimonial

to the tune of: Poema 15 by Atacama

At last, a real-life testimonial for thefacebook.com: Friday night while walking home from the nifty Stanford Film Festival (and I say walking because my bike is evil), I happened to notice a backpack lying on the ground outside Terman. A little digging revealed the owner's name, but he was nowhere in sight. So I trudged off to the Terman cluster to look him up. No phone number listed with Stanford. Not logged in anywhere. Standard stalking techniques failed. So I check thefacebook, and sure enough, he's there. Still no phone number. But I have his dorm room. So I call Ben, who lives on the same floor, only to find he's not around, or on AIM, nor is his phone number in the dorm list. But... his facebook profile also mentions he works at 5-SURE. So I call them, wondering if he were working that night. No dice...but a concerned co-worker gives me his cell phone number. Score! He was surprised that I found it...but grateful nonetheless. All thanks to thefacebook.com (big fake toothy grin).

Senior Formal...afterward...Saturday night was Senior Formal at SFMoMA. It was fun, but really crowded. Revelations of the night:
  • Maxfield's has excellent salmon. Don't let the fact that someone else in your party just ordered it stop you...
  • Godiva closes half an hour earlier than they say on the phone. It must be some conspiracy to prevent having to deal with customers at night.
  • San Franciscans don't like highways. At least they don't like making it easy to find them. Or to get on them. Especially in the direction you want to go.
  • I can create modern art. If, by "modern art", you mean a blue canvas with the word NOISE printed on it. (The word evil painted in blood, though, I won't do.)
  • The first floor of MoMA is waay too small for 1400 people.

    Photos from Senior Formal

    Sunday was our secret initiation ceremony for Tau Beta Pi. They were very adamant about people not showing up late or leaving early or letting anyone see into the initiation room, and I am "honor-bound" not to divulge what went on there, under penalty of death. TBP has operatives everywhere. I can only say it involved hot coals and pain sticks.

    Monday featured three no-shows for 106 IGs, which I ought not to complain about since this let me finish my homework due that day (oops...).

    Mad props to Louisa for taking us on a 3:30 AM Safeway run for rubbing alcohol. It's the perfect antidote for a PowerBook that's had too much coffee to drink.
  • No comments: