Sunday, December 14

Back at station No. VI

Ah yes. Where it really is freezing cold (27 F right now; for Yune's benefit, -something C), and there's a dusting of snow to prove it. (But only a dusting, fortunately.)

I finished Friday at 3 PM. I was so happy I proceeded to spend the next 24 hours hanging with friends I've neglected for the last three weeks. Then six hours cleaning and packing (yes, my floor is actually clean now; thanks Cheng for the bookshelves!) and it was off to the airport. Almost. Our shuttle didn't come but someone else's did for a group that already left. So we stole it, along with Hasper (whose still hadn't come after an hour). How these people manage to survive except by preying on our fears of the Caltrain I'll never know.

I proceeded to sleep for 12 hours straight that night. It felt good. My mom thankfully exercised the restraint to keep herself from waking me at 6:30 to see the snow falling. As if I had never seen snow...

Today I went to the mall that is the centerpiece of Novi. It was just suffocating in yuppieness. Really this place is like Palo Alto with snow. I must get to Ann Arbor soon.

No comments: