Saturday, December 6

Post-Dead Week destresser: Wal-Mart?

Yes, I squandered a few hours there, mostly helping Cheng in his quest for empty boxes and waiting in line. I hate that place. But I think got the last laugh as I managed to steal one of their precious shopping carts--the ones that "suddenly stop" if you take them past the yellow line. With a running start I was doing pretty well...until I hit a manhole cover. Nevertheless the cart still had one working wheel, so I managed to get it to the car and back. A couple patrons were so impressed by my shopping cart finesse (and perhaps by the fact that I was actually bringing a cart back) they thought I worked there.

Dead Week is at last over, culminating in two mad dashes to Gates to turn stuff in just past the deadline. Now it's time to, ah, study for finals?

No comments: